Values & Outcomes
Lot 2 DP 49191 is included in 31 (E1A1). Regenerating kanuka-manuka-mahoe-mamaku forest canopy.
Summer and winter field sports.
Court ball recreation (half court).
Skateboarding, bmx, scooters (skatepark), bowling.
Community recreation (scouts, toy library and use of Bowling Club premises).
Important potential for significant sports infrastructure.
Walking (pathway from shopping centre and links to surrounding streets).
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve excluding Lot 1 DP 67556 and Lot 3 DP 60235.
Used by Samual Marsden School.
Utilities (Important): Sewer.
Utilities (Minor): Stormwater.
1. Encourage sports and active recreation by providing or allowing highly functioning sporting opportunities, including two full sized sportsfields, a skate park, half courts and bowling green(s). Enhance sports infrastructure as opportunities arise, including through partnerships with significant user groups. Retain supporting facilities such as car-parking and ancillary buildings that support sport.
2. Encourage casual active recreation by protecting existing walking opportunities in the existing pathway network and future pathways that are developed through subdivision.
3. Encourage casual community use of the reserve, through enabling recreational uses of buildings, by retaining amenity open space and facilities, and by providing easy access pathways and car parking facilities. Improve safety around buildings sited below the road, through adopting CPTED practices as funding opportunities allow.
4. Manage the regenerating forest on the southern pathway, promoting healthy ecological functioning, through animal and plant pest control and through natural revegetation.
5. Protect street-to-street, reserve-to-reserve, commuter and shopping centre connections.
6. Retain liquor ban.
7. Allow for shared use of the carpark by supermarket shoppers, and allow recreational users to book carparks for events.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 1 DP 67556||Local Purpose Reserve (Community Use)|
|Lot 10 DP 46014||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 2 DP 49036||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 7 DP 46012||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 8 DP 46013||Recreation Reserve|
|Pt Lot 9 DP 46013||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 3 DP 49037||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 4 DP 49037||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 2 DP 49191||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 4 DP 49190||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 3 DP 60235||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 358 DP 480048||Unclassified Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 354 DP 468374||Unclassified Recreation Reserve|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Whitby Scouts, Whitby Toy Library, Whitby Bowling Club.