Values & Outcomes
Naturalised stormwater detention area.
37 (E1A1) Small (induced) wetland area surrounded by regenerating kanuka scrub and gorse. Protects against sedimentation. Flood retention dam blocks fish passage. Important habitat for indigenous fish.
114 (E1A1) Small regenerating kanuka forest.
Other Values and Information?
This is not a Crown Derived Reserve.
Amenity landscape. Landscape Protection Area.
Utilities (Critical): GWRC Bulk Water Supply.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
Utilities (Minor): Water Supply.
1. Manage primarily for environmental and landscape protection. Protect the regenerating forest and wetland for healthy ecological functioning, through natural regeneration. Complete revegetation of the area formerly in pines. Safeguard significant natural and amenity landscape values including open space and wet space, through cautious management of land disturbance, structures and drainage.
2. Maintain stormwater detention system.
3. Recognise cultural values to Ngati Toa, and explore opportunities for practical co-management of the reserve.
4. Provide for a more natural and less developed recreational experience, with minimal structures that complement the natural features of the reserve. Focus on enhancing opportunities associated with visual and natural values. Provide carparking for the southern lookout.
5. Maintain street-to-street connections.
6. Permit dogs off-leash in the south-east open space.
7. Establish a formal dog exercise area as the opportunity arises.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 1 DP 371950||Local Purpose Reserve (Environment and Landscape Protection)|
|Lot 201 DP 335942||Local Purpose Reserve (Environment, Landscape Protection and Stormwater Detention)|
|Lot 603 DP 354489||Local Purpose Reserve (Accessway)|
|Lot 203 DP 335942||Local Purpose Reserve (Accessway)|
|Lot 600 DP 354489||Local Purpose Reserve (Accessway)|
|Lot 2 DP 354489||Local Purpose Reserve (Environment and Landscape Protection)|
|Lot 200 DP 425357||Unclassified Local Purpose Reserve (Environment, Landscape Protection and Stormwater Detention)|
|Lot 259 DP 457335||Unclassified Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 258 DP 468582||Unclassified Recreation Reserve|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Woosh Wireless (NZ) Limited Cellphone Tower.
Two Degrees Mobile Cellphone Tower.
The Radio Network.
Kordia access RoW and cable easement.
Greater Wellington Water easement.