Values & Outcomes
Stream, wetland. Woodland trees.
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
Continuum of coastal forest, gorse-broom-hardwood scrub and shrubland, estuarine and sedge-dominated wetland, and shore-edge associations. Kanuka, mahoe, ngaio prominent in forest. Along Pauatahanui Inlet at Camborne and Mana.
Other Values and Information?
Lot 1 DP 45635 and Lot 73 DP 47211 are Crown Derived Reserves.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
1. Protect the significant coastal forest, shrubland and wetland values, to achieve a healthy ecosystem and to maintain the ecological corridor from ridge to sea (Pauatahanui inlet), through animal and weed pest control and natural regeneration. Integrate management of the ecological linkages with that for St Ives Scenic Reserve and Camborne Walkway.
2. Naturalise the stream and wetland as funding opportunities allow, increasing the planted riparian area where appropriate, for stream shade and erosion control.
3. Continue to provide opportunities for children’s informal active recreation and kickabout, through appropriate play equipment and open grassed areas.
4. Maintain amenity planting and existing macrocarpas, for amenity screening between the reserve and neighbouring houses.
5. Maintain street-to-street connections.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 1 DP 45635||Local Purpose Reserve (Neighbourhood)|
|Lot 38 DP 47211||Local Purpose Reserve (Neighbourhood)|
|Lot 73 DP 47211||Local Purpose Reserve (Neighbourhood)|
|Lot 42 DP 344334||Local Purpose Reserve (Landscape and Environmental Protection)|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?