Values & Outcomes
Archaeological site. Historic macrocarpa and pines.
Wetland, natural coastal landscape. Woodland trees.
51 (E1A1). Includes amenity eucalypt planting, historic macrocarpa and pine, recently felled pine, regenerating native forest, coastal escarpment vegetation and remnant kanuka.
Connected to Brandon Reserve.
Picnicing, parking for Pauatahanui Inlet.
Informal access to Pauatahanui Inlet from Brandon Reserve.
Other Values and Information?
Sec 338 Porirua DIST is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Minor): Stormwater.
1. Safeguard the cultural and heritage values of the reserve, through cautious management of land disturbance, planting and structures. Monitor heritage amenity plantings including macrocarpa and retain until vegetation health dictates removal.
2. Retain visual and landscape connection to the coastal environment.
3. Protect the regenerating natural forest and wet areas, through animal and plant pest control, and by enabling natural regeneration. Protect wetland values from contaminants through careful land management. Investigate options for improving biodiversity values in the reserve.
4. Encourage casual community use of the reserve by providing an amenity bush landscape, grassed open space, car parking and amenity facilities.
5. Improve casual recreation in the reserve by investigating opportunities for a walkway and walking access from Brandon Reserve to Pauatahanui Inlet.
6. Provide a short-stay camping opportunity for self-contained camping vehicles.
7. Protect reserve-to-reserve connections.
8. Continue to enable occasional temporary storage of roading materials in the hard-surfaced portion of the reserve.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?