Values & Outcomes
HIDB 73/74 are in the vicinity and may be present in the reserve. Wāhi tapu, Waimpahi Pa. Taua Tapu Track links this pa to Taupo Pa. Brendan Beach was an important Tauranga Waka.
103 ( E1A1) - Emergent pohutukawa and introduced trees over karo-taupata-ivy-pohuehue canopy.
66 (E1A1) - Forest is dominated by manuka, with some kohekohe. Incised valley bottom contains small flax-raupo-cutty grass swamp areas.
Walking. Public walkway to beach from SH1 and along coast. Coastal path also crosses private property. Interpretation.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
1. Protect natural values to achieve healthy ecological functioning, through natural regeneration, animal and plant pest control.
2. Protect cultural and historic values, by keeping pathway routes away from urupa.
3. Manage erosion through using soft engineering approaches where possible.
4. Maintain coastal connections and public access for public enjoyment, through pathways.
5. Improve information for public safety and enjoyment, through integrated location, direction, regulation and interpretation signage.
6. Retain liquor ban.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Sec 15 Blk V Paekakariki SD||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Sec 2 Blk VI Paekakariki SD||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 23 DP 7262||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 24 DP 7262||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Pt Lot 15 DP 5508||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Pt Lot 16 DP 5508||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Sec 1 Blk VI Paekakariki SD||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?