Values & Outcomes
Memorial rose garden and bridge, commemorating three teenagers who lost their lives within a short period of time in the 1990s.
Stream, coastal views. Woodland trees.
52 (E1A1) Narrow band of remnant kanuka-manuka forest, amenity planting area, riparian area and historic macrocrapas.
Play, kickabout space, picnic area.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Critical): Sewer.
Utilities (Minor): Stormwater.
1. Encourage casual recreation and children’s play by providing grassed open space, amenity gardens and facilities, and a pleasant, safe, play space.
2. Maintain the memorial features.
3. Protect the native forest remnant and riparian values, through animal and plant pest control, by enabling natural regeneration, and by undertaking further planting as funding opportunities allow. Protect stream from contaminants through careful land management.
4. Monitor heritage amenity plantings including historic macrocarpa and retain until vegetation health dictates removal.
5. Protect landscape connections to the coast.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?