Values & Outcomes
Flued stream connection from Cannons Creek Lakes to Keneperu Stream.
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
30 (E1A1) Woodland of pines, gums, and macrocarpa extending east from Bothamley Park to Cannons Creek Lakes.
Field sports and athletics.
Connection to Bothamley Park.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Water Supply, Sewer, Stormwater.
Aesthetics, ambience, accessible.
Use of reserve buildings.
1. Continue to encourage use of the reserve for active and casual outdoor recreation, sports and athletics opportunities with appropriate amenity facilities. Encourage childrens play at the adjacent playground on Cheshire Street and by enabling access to natural play spaces in the woodland.
2. Encourage casual community use of the reserve, through enabling community and recreational uses of buildings, and by retaining easy access pathways, parking and amenity open space. Continue to enable community events.
3. Maintain the recreation connections between Bothlamley Park and Cannons Creek Lakes.
3. Ensure that land management of the Park protects the natural values of the adjacent Kenepuru Stream and bush, managing drainage, weed control and earthworks to ensure that there is no contamination of the waterway, and undertaking additional riparian planting to improve in-stream habitat, as opportunities arise.
4. Monitor woodland trees for health and safety and remove as necessary. Replant for visual amenity, shade and shelter, and to retain ecological connections between Bothamley Park, Cannons Creek Lakes and Belmont Regional Park.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Mid City Porirua Kyoskushin Club.