Values & Outcomes
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
17 (E1A1) Kanuka-mahoe hillslope forest.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
Utilities (Minor): Water Supply.
1. Encourage casual recreation by providing an amenity bush landscape and a walking opportunity.
2. Protect the native forest remnant and riparian values, through animal and plant pest control, by enabling natural regeneration, and by undertaking further planting as funding opportunities allow. Protect stream from contaminants through careful land management.
3. Protect street-to-street connections. Investigate options for securing connections between Carvel Walkway and Staithes Scenic Reserve.
4. Consider a name change to Carvel Reserve.
5. Monitor woodland trees for health and safety and remove as necessary. Replant with natives for visual amenity, shade and shelter.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 1 DP 46400||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 1 DP 46765||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 2 DP 46400||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 3 DP 44751||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 1 DP 44401||Recreation Reserve|
|Lot 1 DP 44402||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 2 DP 44403||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 1 DP 44400||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?