Values & Outcomes
71 (E1A1) Elongated strip of regenerating scrub. Forest dominated by Kanuka and mahoe with occasional totara. Strongly enhances connectivity along the Papakowhai escarpment into Ascot Park.
Part of 17 (E1A1) Area of kanuka-mahoe hillslope forest.
Other Values and Information?
Lot 20 DP 35238 is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Part of green belt landscape. Adjacent to Staithes Scenic Reserve and Ascot Park.
Utilities (Critical): Water Supply. GWRC Bulk Water Supply.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
1. Manage for both ecological (ridgeline to valley) and recreational walking connections.
2. Protect the significant regenerating scrub and forest values, through animal and plant pest management, enabling natural regeneration. Safeguard the greenbelt landscape values.
3. Encourage walking by realigning the walkway to bring it to NZ Track Standards as funding becomes available. Promote the connections to Ascot Park and the Dales which form a loop walking opportunity.
4. Retain street-to-street and street-to-reserve connections.
5. Consider as potentially appropriate the installation of a new (additional) stormwater pipe (including an overground pipe through the vegetated steep embankment) from Conclusion Street to Eskdale Road to relieve the existing over burdened stormwater systems that is causing flooding to residential housing and properties in both Conclusion St and Eskdale Rd.
|Appellation||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 103 DP 70209||Local Purpose Reserve (Fitness Trail and Utility)|
|Lot 195 DP 33357||Local Purpose Reserve (Neighbourhood)|
|Lot 106 DP 71902||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 41 DP 71901||Local Purpose Reserve (Neighbourhood)|
|Lot 20 DP 35238||Local Purpose Reserve (Plantation)|
|Lot 12 DP 82611||Local Purpose Reserve (Walkway)|
|Lot 153 DP 85557||Local Purpose Reserve (Fitness Trail)|
|Lot 13 DP 83718||Local Purpose Reserve (Fitness Trail)|
|Lot 1 DP 51398||Local Purpose Reserve (Plantation)|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?