Values & Outcomes
57 E1A1 Represents a wetland ecosystem that is now poorly represented in Porirua City. Habitat for uncommon species (banded kokopu). Protects a sensitive riparian area. Enhances connectivity.
Area of planted revegetation species on hill has potential to become significant in time.
Field sports, kick boxing, indoor bowls, scouts.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Dog Exercise Area (plantation area).
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
Utilities (non-PCC): Gas (above ground District Regulator Station).
Large scale mature trees surround the park and distinctive vegetation provides amenity to the park.
Use of reserve buildings.
Emergency Disposal of Natural Disaster Debris: Potential temporary site for all debris types.
1. Continue to provide recreation opportunities for field and indoor sports through provision of sportsfields and amenity facilities.
2. Continue to provide a Dog Exercise Area on the revegetated area above the sports fields.
3. Protect the natural values, and improve on previous revegetation work through animal and plant pest control, and through improving riparian planting. Continue to work with the local community and school regarding revegetation works.
4. Remove remaining septic tank.
5. Integrate management of the reserve with Onepoto Esplanade Reserve. Prepare a development plan to achieve these outcomes, acknowledging increasing seasonal use/ periodic intensive use of the area.
6. Consider buildings in support of recreation as potentially appropriate in situations where sportsfield and open space values will not be restricted or affected.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Rangataua O Aotearoa Maori Martial Arts and Cultural Arts Association, North Wellington Indoor Bowling Club.