Values & Outcomes
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
Valley and escarpment with regenerating native bush and stream. Active restoration.
Area of kanuka-mahoe hillslope.
Pathway, walking connections. Links Whitby / Paremata / Ascot Park.
Other Values and Information?
Lot 2 DP 44404, Lot 1 DP 47517 and Lot 3 DP 47516 are Crown Derived Reserves.
Utilities (Critical): Water Supply, GWRC Bulk Water Supply.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
Adjacent to Conclusion Walkway and Ascot Park.
1. Secure legal access connections across Postgate School to Postgate Park.
2. Protect reserve-to-reserve, street-to-street and ecological connections. Protect and develop pathway connections between Whitby, Paremata and Ascot Park.
3. Protect the regenerating native bush, riparian and stream areas, promoting healthy ecological functioning through animal and plant pest control. Undertake active restoration work as funding opportunities allow, including additional riparian planting to enhance erosion reduction, fish spawning habitat, and amenity values. Ensure that land management does not introduce contaminants to the waterway.
4. Continue to encourage casual recreation by providing amenity open spaces, natural landscapes, and a pathway network for walking and landscape appreciation opportunities.
5. Enable a Dog Exercise Area.
|Appellation?||Reserve Act Classification|
|Lot 2 DP 44404||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 1 DP 47517||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 3 DP 47516||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 38 DP 16813||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 1758 DP 47519||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Sec 1 SO 392616||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Pt Lot 1 DP 55620||Scenic 'B' Reserve|
|Lot 208 DP 490169||Unclassified Scenic Reserve|
|Lot 209 DP 490169||Unclassified Scenic Reserve|
|Lot 200||Unclassified Recreation Reserve|
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Easement from Staithes to Carvel Reserve.
Easement to GWRC for water mains.
Unregistered easement associated with a retaining wall in Sec 1 SO 392616.