Values & Outcomes
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
70 (E1A1) Regenerating forest and scrub in major tributary of Kenepuru Stream. Pines and willows dominate much of the vegetation but mahoe and a range of native broadleaved species and treesferns also form the canopy in places.
Casual walking, community garden.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
1. Protect natural bush and waterway values to promote healthy ecological functioning, through animal and plant pest control and natural regeneration. Improve natural values over time by removing exotic vegetation and replanting in native species as funding opportunities allow. Increase the planted riparian area where possible for erosion reduction and fish spawning habitat. Ensure that reserve land management does not introduce contaminants (such as sediment) to the waterway.
2. Enable continued maintenance of critical city sewer and stormwater infrastructure. Recognise utility maintenance requirements in any development plans for planting or recreational use.
3. Continue to enable community use of and involvement in the reserve by allowing community gardening projects in the Amenity (Garden) zone, subject to an Authorisation.
4. Encourage casual recreation use of the reserve by retaining amenity open spaces, parking, and easily accessed pathways.
5. Protect street-to-street and reserve-to-reserve walking connections, and the open space landscape.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?