Values & Outcomes
HIDB 150 (Hall used by Porirua Little Theatre). Purportedly the only surviving example of a purpose built hall for the American Marines (1943).
Theatre/recreation, community open space.
Other Values and Information?
This is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Sewer, Stormwater.
Utilities (Minor): Water Supply.
Utilities (non-PCC): Gas main.
Use of reserve buildings.
1. Where practicable, protect historic heritage values, including those relating to WWII use of reserve buildings.
2. Encourage casual community use of the reserve, through enabling community and recreational uses of buildings, and by retaining easy access pathways, parking and amenity open space.
3. Manage the reserve as part of a community village centre complex.
4. Enable use of the reserve for one telecommunication utility structure. Encourage shared use of the utility.
5. Prepare a development plan to achieve these outcomes, which explores the potential for further recreation / community development in the reserve.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Porirua Little Theatre, Titahi Bay Amateur Boxing Club, Niblick Hall Management Committee, Telecom Mobile Tower.