Values & Outcomes
Within Landscape Protection Area.
GWRC Key Native Ecosystem.
12 (E1A1) A small part of the reserve lies within this site above Porirua Park. Kahikatea/tawa-kohekohe forest remnants with regenerating broadleaved and introduced scrub.
3 (E1A1) A small part of the reserve also lies within this site. Largely introduced and regenerating forest adjoining large bush area.
Shooting range, access to Belmont Regional Park.
Other Values and Information?
This is not a Crown Derived Reserve.
Utilities (Important): Water Supply, Sewer, Stormwater.
1. Complete Council-approved transfer of management responsibility of part of Sec 2 SO Plan 413953 to Greater Wellington to enable effective management of the land as part of Belmont Regional Park.
2. Note that Council has committed to sell the land affected by the Transmission Gully Designation, using Section 114 of the Public Works Act 1981 (Sec 1 SO 413953, Sec 2 SO 368657, Part Sec 2 SO 413953).
3. Manage the reserve for its natural and landscape values, as part of Porirua’s southern green spine and Belmont Regional Park.
4. Continue to encourage casual outdoor adventure and recreation in the reserve by providing natural open spaces and access to Belmont Regional Park.
5. Protect the ecological bush connections to Belmont Regional Park and Porirua Park, through animal and plant pest control and revegetation of bush areas as funding opportunities allow.
6. Protect the significant landscape values of the reserve, through cautious management of land disturbance and structures.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Porirua Shooting Club.