Values & Outcomes
Landscape value, highly visible open space in harbour context.
Walking - part of City main recreational pathway network.
Relaxing, waka launching, picnicking, children's play, sightseeing, commercial recreation (mini-golf).
Other Values and Information?
Pt Lot 4 DP 42235 is a Crown Derived Reserve.
Subject to 1980 Watercourse Agreement with Greater Wellington Regional Council.
Part of harbour context.
Use of reserve buildings.
Utilities (Minor): Stormwater.
1. Protect and celebrate the inherently coastal nature of the reserve, and the context of Porirua Harbour.
2. Integrate coastal erosion management with harbour management. Ensure that erosion controls and amenity planting, are designed and undertaken in a manner that protects the natural character of the area and is sympathetic to waterway restoration for fish habitat.
3. Protect cultural historic values through careful consideration and management of activities involving land disturbance.
4. Retain coastal open space, and safeguard significant visual connections to coastal marine landscapes.
5. Improve amenity values through facility provision that encourages walking and landscape appreciation, directs car parking away from grassed area, and enhances access linkages from shopping and education precincts to the coast.
6. Continue to provide a mix of recreation opportunities that are focused on the coastal environment and access to the sea, including provision of opportunities for organised water sports, along with children's play spaces, and informal recreation.
7. Structures that do not require a coastal setting are considered inappropriate.
8. Allow for the continued occupation of community buildings within the local purpose (community) reserve.
9. Allow Greater Wellington Regional Council to access and maintain watercourses for the purposes of flood hazard management.
Parcel Area (ha)?
Landslide Susceptibility ?
Tsunami Evacuation Zone?
Adventure Golf Limited (Pirates Cove).
Te Runanga Waka Shelter.
Trust Porirua Brass Band.